I’m sure hundreds of thousands of people have created a post just like this. I want to start blogging again. Why? I want to revisit things I learned in college. I want to play with ideas I come up with more readily. I want to reflect on art activities I partake in throughout my life such as going to see performances, museums, and galleries. I want to connect with people around me who might be interested in my art. I want to muse and ramble in a forum that supports it. I want to pursue art in my life more seriously and create a practice that mirrors that goal. Hence blogging again.
- Blog as often as I can. I do a lot of art things. I have enough material in my life to blog everyday! Poems, sketchbooks, art I have seen on travel, ideas to play with, actual real art I have created. There is a lot of it in and around my life that I can talk about.
- Set a calendar to remind me via email.
- Do it now! If I think I can do it- do it. Spending too much time on Pinterest? Blog instead. Checking facebook, email, and whatever else? Blog instead. Wasting time on Youtube? Blog instead.
- No saving blog post ideas for later. No worrying about if the post will really matter to anyone else. Its an idea. Put it on the internet.
- Commit to the month of September. If its still no jiving with me I’ll make a new plan. That gives me a little less than 30 days to give this a shot and see what happens.
Stay tuned people. Things are about to get arty.